Bill Pay allows you to pay bills using an existing checking account.
Bill Pay creates a profile of the funding accounts you choose at enrollment. When you log in to pay bills, it allows you to select from any of those checking accounts when making a payment.
- Payment history is automatically saved for your records.
- Schedule Payments up to a year in advance.
- Schedule recurring payments for regularly occurring bills.
- Edit or delete scheduled payments any time before processing date.
- Depending on the merchant/payee, your scheduled payment will be made by check or electronically via ACH (automated clearing house). When scheduling payments, be sure to choose a "due by" date several days in advance of the actual due date reflected on your bill statement. The earliest "due by" date will be automatically displayed.
When are funds taken from my account to complete my Bill Pay transactions?
For electronic payments, funds will be deducted from your account and credited to the merchant on the "due by" date you have selected. For check payments, funds will be debited from your account when the check is presented to us for payment.
What happens to my Bill Payment check if I don't have enough money in my account to cover my payment?
Bill Payments by check are drawn on your account just like a normal check. If you do not have sufficient funds in your account to cover a Bill Payment check, we may either pay the check and charge your account for the check and an overdraft fee or decline to pay the check and charge your account a NSF fee.
Related: How to Setup eBill